Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Poor Britney


So I heard the news today that Britney Spears lost custody of her children today to Kevin Federline. Remember when he was the punchline to jokes of celebrity uncool? Now he's a more fit parent than Britney? I was so excited for her to make her big comeback on the VMAs and yet that ended up being one more disaster in a string of them that continues seemingly without end. I found myself wondering today when enough will be enough for her, and what that will look like. It wouldn't surprise me if she wound up dead from her own hand; I know I would crack if I were faced with half of her struggles in my life. And if she end up dead will there be sympathy? Will everyone feign shock and surprise and disappointment? Or will we accept it as the inevitable.
In any case, I'm not of the Britney-fanatic ilk like say that other blonde with the hysterical You Tube video. I just have had her on my mind recently, and like the title of my blog says, I'm reminded that no matter what I'm going through, at least I'm better off than Britney. (Although I'm still planning on dressing in her "Gimme More" outfit for Halloween!)

No comments: