Saturday, December 8, 2007

Sobriety

Just spent 7 days without drinking any alcohol at all.
This is the first time that long has gone by without a drink since I moved to LA 4 and a half years ago. And perhaps its been even longer than that.
Not that I think I have a huge problem with alcohol, but with the history in my family, I decided to see where the control lied, with me or with the drink. And I won. I even went out to bars a couple times with my friends and drank diet Cokes and still had a good time.
I want to get to a place where I drink when I make the choice to drink to enhance my experience, not to escape from a dark place or to dull the stress of a long day at work, etc.
Plus I've noticed that my energy level has improved, and I have a sneaking suspicion that if I keep this up, my body will look better than ever and thats plenty of motivation to keep it going past the 7 days.
Anybody wanna get a cocktail to celebrate? :)

3 comments:

Gary said...

Mikey, it seems like you and I need to plan a trip somewhere away from any distractions or people and spend the days lounging in the sun, napping, reading, eating. Like Joy and I did in Mexico. What do you say?

Mikey T said...

gary,
perhaps puerto vallarta? i'm off jan 19-25 ... any chance that could work for you? i would so love a getaway!!

Gary said...

Those dates are no good. But, I do have off in February. We'll talk.